Applications are invited for the position of Calcutta Run Digital and Event Administrator. The work involves all tasks and skills normally associated with the position of Digital and Event Administrator, as well as the ability to undertake numerous tasks independently.
The position involves managing a number of processes independently of the Calcutta Run Event Co-ordinator including digital marketing, Hybrid (virtual and in person) event coordination, fundraising, report preparation, administrative tasks and interaction with participants and fundraisers from within the legal profession.
Contract duration: 4 Months – 4 days per week
Main Duties & Key Responsibilities
The successful candidate will carry out the following duties in line with the Society’s standards and strategic objectives and as directed by the Calcutta Run Event Co-ordinator.
- Promotion of the event with participants
- Digital marketing – coordinating all promotional content
- Executing fortnightly newsletters and scheduling social media content on Hootesuite
- Designing, creating, and editing engaging content and graphics on a variety of social media platforms
- Revising the digital communications plan
- Update Calcutta Run website
- Promoting charitable activities and supporting fundraising efforts for both charities
- Coordinating the distribution of promotional print materials
- Assisting with the virtual element of the event and the digital team sign-up process
- Assisting with the event launch, and other events as necessary
- Co-ordinating various elements of the event before, during and after the event
- Liaising with suppliers for the Calcutta Run post-run event at Blackhall Place
- Creating weekly participant and fundraising reports for the Calcutta Run Committee
Knowledge & Skills
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Proficient in social media design and marketing techniques and services (Hootsuite, MailChimp, Canva, Facebook, Twitter etc)
- Ability to integrate event artwork on the above platforms and knowledge of all file formats. Use of Adobe or other design platforms is desirable but not essential
- Event support experience
- Ability to project an image of efficiency and helpfulness through all methods of communication
- Ability to juggle a large number of items at one time and to deal with competing requirements
- Strong organisational, prioritisation and time management skills
- Comfortable dealing with figures and using Excel.
- Flexible attitude
- Good interpersonal skills
- Capable of working on own initiative
- Confidentiality and discretion
- Excellent writing skills
Remuneration & Benefits
- Salary (DOE)
- Excellent working conditions
How to Apply
To apply for this role, click the ‘Apply Now’ box in gold. Please be sure to include your cover letter as well. Alternatively, you can send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Appointment to this role is subject to the candidate’s eligibility to work in Ireland, without any restrictions.
We thank you for your interest in the Law Society of Ireland and your interest in this role. Due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted by the HR department. For more information on our Data Protection policies please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.