- The route starts and finishes at the Law Society of Ireland in Blackhall Place, Dublin 7 and takes an anti-clockwise loop North up the R135 (Old Ashbourne Road) to the “Nine Milestone Roundabout”.
- The 50 km route then heads West along the R125, takes the bypass to the South of Ratoath down the R155 and R147, returning to the South of Blanchardstown, through the Phoenix Park and along the Quays back to Blackhall Place.
- The route is relatively flat (only 275m of climbing).
- This route is suitable for those who have done some riding already this year (perhaps cycling to work) but can be undertaken by those who simply want to get the bike out of the shed and take part.
- We expect to have one main stop for refreshments/toilets around the half way mark.
- A free BBQ will take place at the finish point with refreshments, a DJ and fun activities well in to the afternoon.
The route overview is shown below, with a detailed route map available on Strava and a short video of the route on Google Earth.