- The route starts and finishes at the Law Society of Ireland in Blackhall Place, Dublin 7 and takes an anti-clockwise loop North up the R135 (Old Ashbourne Road) to the “Nine Milestone Roundabout”.
- The 100 km route then heads North through Ashbourne, leaving the N2 to take the back roads up to Rathfeigh, then West towards Tara and down the R147 to Dunshaughlin. The route then takes a loop around the R154 (towards Trim) before cutting across to the R156 and returning via Dunboyne, cutting to the South of Blanchardstown, through the Phoenix Park and along the Quays back to Blackhall Place.
- The route is has some modest climbing (about 600m in total).
- This route is suitable for the more experienced cyclist and will provide plenty of challenge for those who want to test themselves. Participants should be able to cycle at a minimum of 20kph and be able to change their own punctures!
- We expect to have one main stop for refreshments/toilets around the half way mark.
- A free BBQ will take place at the finish point with refreshments, a DJ and fun activities well in to the afternoon.
The route overview is shown below, with a detailed route map available on Strava and a short video of the route on Google Earth.