Calcutta Run – the Legal Fundraiser is calling runners of all levels, family, kids and friends to kick off the summer by either running or walking the 10km or shorter distance of 5km on Saturday, 20 May at Blackhall Place at 11am. Bring the whole office, your family and friends and even your dog along to enjoy the scenic route through the Phoenix Park. Registration will take place from 9am – 10am.
As a reward for all the hard work, runners and walkers will receive a goodie bag and can then relax and enjoy the BBQ, bar, live music, market, DJ and fun activities at the Finish Line Festival in the grounds of Blackhall Place. If that isn’t exhausting enough, participants can also hit a club that night for the official after-party!
Kids will also get their time to shine in the mini athletics and fun activities. It’s a guaranteed fun day out so get your friends and family involved and sign up.
This year sees the addition of the Calcutta Cycle Sportive, a non-competitive 80km cycling sportive which will take place on the same day as the run. The route starts and finishes at the Law Society of Ireland in Blackhall Place.
We welcome all cyclists over 18 years of age. Cyclists are welcome to join in the fun at the Finish Line Festival.
You can find out more about the inaugural cycle in our Calcutta Cycle Sportive section.
An astonishing 1,100 people participated in 2016 raising over €180,000. In the past 17 years, in excess of €3.2m has been raised to support homeless youths in Dublin and Calcutta. The aim is to actively involve all participants in raising funds for both recipient charities.
There is no registration fee but the homeless need your help to reach our 2017 target of €200,000. We ask that all participants raise an individual fundraising amount. Now all you have to do is choose your target below.
Peter McVerry Trust
Dublin’s homeless children will be helped with the following:
- €100 will provide a self-starter kit for someone entering one of the Trust’s residential services.
- €125 will provide a self-starter kit as well as providing toiletries and basic clothing for someone coming off the street in to one of the Trust’s services.
- €150 will provide a self-starter kit as well as safe and warm overnight accommodation for one person or lunches for 50 people in the drop-on centre located in Dublin.
The Hope Foundation
Calcutta’s street children will be helped with the following:
- €100 will feed a girl in a HOPE Protection Home by giving 3 meals and 2 snacks a day for 117 days.
- €125 will provide food packages to 35 people living in street communities in Calcutta.
- €150 will provide medical treatment costs to 30 people living in street communities in Calcutta.
Watch Peter McVerry’s “Home”