Date Confirmed for 2017
Calcutta Run 2017 – The Legal Fundraiser will take place on 20 May 2017. Check out our training plans here.
€200,000 raised for the homeless in Dublin and Calcutta
Law Society of Ireland President Stuart Gilhooly recently presented €90,000 each to CEO Pat Doyle of the Peter McVerry Trust and Aidan Stacey, Head of Fundraising and Marketing, GOAL in the Bank of Ireland, College Green. The event was kindly co-hosted by Bank of Ireland and McDowell Purcell. Over 1,200 members of the legal profession took part in the 2016 Calcutta Run last May to raise €180,000, which will support the charities’ work tackling homelessness in Dublin and in Kolkata.
Check out the 2016 gallery to see more photos of the cheque presentation and Calcutta Run 2016.
Calcutta Run – the Legal Fundraiser is calling runners of all levels, family, kids and friends to kick off the summer by either running or walking the 10km or shorter distance of 5km on Saturday, 21 May at Blackhall Place at 11am. Bring the whole office, your family and friends and even your dog along to enjoy the scenic route through the Phoenix Park. Registration will take place from 9am – 10am.
As a reward for all the hard work, runners and walkers will receive a goodie bag and can then relax and enjoy the BBQ, bar, live music, market, DJ and fun activities at the Finish Line Festival in the grounds of Blackhall Place. If that isn’t exhausting enough, participants can also hit a club that night for the official after-party!
Kids will also get their time to shine in the mini athletics and fun activities. It’s a guaranteed fun day out so get your friends and family involved and sign up.
An astonishing 1,100 people participated in 2016 raising over €180,000. In the past 17 years, in excess of €3.2m has been raised to support homeless youths in Dublin and Calcutta. The aim is to actively involve all participants in raising funds for both recipient charities.
There is no registration fee but the homeless need your help to reach our 2017 target of €200,000. We ask that all participants raise an individual fundraising amount. Now all you have to do is choose your target below.
Peter McVerry Trust
Dublin’s homeless youths through Peter McVerry Trust will benefit through these targets:
- €100 will provide a self-starter kit for someone entering one of the Trust’s residential services.
- €125 will provide a self-starter kit as well as providing toiletries and basic clothing for someone coming off the street in to one of the Trust’s services.
- €150 will provide a self-starter kit as well as safe and warm overnight accommodation for one person or lunches for 50 people in the drop-on centre located in Dublin.
Calcutta’s homeless youths through GOAL will benefit from these targets:
- €100 will provide an auto chlorination system bringing safe drinking water to families preventing the spread of disease.
- €125 will provide an auto chlorination system and basic training for adults in basic numeric skills.
- €150 will provide an auto chlorination system as well as health and life skill training for teenage boys and girls or one year of educational essentials for 5 children.
Read more on the work of both charities.
Watch Peter McVerry’s “Home”